Share a Story
Special Note from Smithsonian Gardens: We are preserving our diverse garden heritage through stories, videos, and images collected from people from all around the country. Anyone can share a story and read the stories on the website, and the stories are a part of the Smithsonian's collections. During this unprecedented and uncertain time, Smithsonian Gardens is capturing stories related to gardens and gardening during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We encourage you to share stories from your own community with us:
- How do you benefit from time spent in the garden?
- How has COVID-19 shaped the way you spend time outside?
- Are you finding hope in gardening?
- Are you growing your own food for the first time?
- Are you helping others learn to garden?
- Write a #PublicGardenLoveLetter about your favorite public garden. What do you miss the most? Do you have a favorite memory from this public garden?
If you'd like to share your garden story with our digital archive, please email us your story and/or images. To submit a story please include:
- Title of your story
- The story itself, long or short.
- Location of the story (just city and state for private gardens, no home addresses, please.)
- Images are not required but are encouraged! Snap a cellphone picture if you can, or share an older image.
- Make sure you review our Submission Agreement
- Email the story and images to: email@example.com
Thanks for helping us preserve our shared garden heritage, one story at a time.